Turkey is not just for Thanksgiving. Our Greek Turkey & Rice recipe is sure to be a hit all year round. Our flavor-packed version uses ground, uncooked turkey, but you easily modify the recipe to use leftover turkey when you make an entire bird.
Greek Turkey & Rice Skillet
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1-1.5 lb ground turkey 93/7
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup parboiled rice uncooked
- 1/2 lb frozen spinach chopped
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1/14 cup parsley chopped
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1-2 oz feta cheese
- Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add ground turkey, salt, pepper, oregano to skillet. Continue to sauté until turkey is cooked.
- Once turkey is cooked through, add rice, spinach, sun dried tomatoes and olives to the skillet.
- Add broth and stir until well combined. Place lid on the skillet, turn heat to medium high heat, and allow liquid to boil. Once boiling, turn down to a simmer and cook for ~15 minutes. ⠀⠀
- After 15 minutes, stir contents and quickly replace the lid. Turn off heat and allow to sit for an additional 10 minutes.