Steak Rolls Ups satisfy your inner caveman craving for Beef and isn’t just a dinner item – it can pack a punch at lunch too! Our version of is taste-elevated to new heights with garlic, cilantro and lime.
Steak Roll Ups
- 2 cups fresh squeeze orange juice
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lb skirt steak cut steak in half (long ways) to make each slice thinner, and then cut strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 30 trimmed asparagus spears ~4 in. length
- In a large zip lock bag, marinade the steak using all the marinade recipes. Allow to marinade in your refrigerator for up to 3 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Once steak has properly marinaded, lay out steak strip on cutting board. Place 2-3 asparagus spears, and one slice of each pepper at the end of the steak strip. Roll tightly. Use a tooth pick, or something similar, to hold the roll up together.
- Heat up oil in a medium-large skillet on medium-high heat. Place the roll ups on the skillet until once side has caramelized (~3 min). Flip the roll up and cook on the opposite side.
- Once all the roll ups are seared on both sides, place in the oven for 5-10minutes, depending on desired cooking temperature.
- Remove skillet from the oven and place roll ups on a surface to rest. Serve with your favorite starch or lower calorie side depending on your nutrition goals.