How do you improve the recipe for Pancakes? Make them protein packed, elevated with Peanut Butter and serve them in a bowl! Our version is destined to be a breakfast staple and a family favorite!
One Bowl Performance Cakes
per pancake (Not including the toppings or mimosa): 221 Calories, 25 g Carbohydrates( 3.2 g Fiber), 7.8 g Fat, 12.7g Protein
Servings 4 Pancakes
- 3 Bananas
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 1/3 Cup Oatmeal
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder We use True Athlete Vanilla Protein
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- In a bowl mash bananas to a pure consistency.
- Crack the 3 eggs in the bowl and mix with the bananas.
- Put the Peanut Butter (HECK YES!!!! HEALTHY FATS) in the same bowl and mix.
- Next put in the oatmeal, protein powder and cinnamon. Mix until it is evenly spread throughout mixture. The mixture should have a thick, batter consistency.
- Finally mix in the blueberries.
- Heat pan on medium heat.
- Apply with nonstick spray.
- Use a measuring cup( ½ Cup for 4 medium/large pancakes) and scoop in one serving of the pancake batter.
- Wait until you see bubbles rise on the top of the pancake, then flip it over for another 1-2 minutes. (Don’t worry we burned our first one, it is normal when making pancakes for the first one to be a bit crispier).
- Repeat steps 7-9.
- Top with more blueberries, cinnamon, syrup, honey, walnuts, or whatever your heart desires.
- If your work schedule permits or you are putting together a weekend brunch, add a mimosa and enjoy your cakes!