For those who love eggs – nothing beats a Frittata. They are known for their cooking ease and versatility. They are eaten not only for breakfast but also as a main dish for dinner. Our version include turkey sausage for all the flavor and less fat!
Spinach, Broccolini, Tomato Frittata
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Diced Onion
- 1 cup turkey sausage, diced
- 1-2 cups broccolini, chopped
- 2 cups Spinach
- 1 cup Tomato ,chopped
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 2 Egg whites
- 1.5 Cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 3/4-1 Cup Reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Cottage Cheese Optional
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in medium size skillet on medium-high heat. Toss in onions, turkey sausage, broccolini, spinach, tomatoes. Cook ~2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, egg whites, Swiss cheese, 1/2 cheddar cheese, cottage cheese and baking powder. Mix well. Pour mixture over turkey sausage mixture. Add remaining cheddar cheese on top.
- Place in oven for ~45min. Garnish with parsley and tomatoes.